Adrienne has given us her recipe for the delish flapjacks she contributed to the Retreat weekend. (Look at this post in Read More and you will get the proper paragraph spacing, making the recipe much more readable.)
- 10 oz oats
- 6 oz demerera sugar
- 6 oz butter
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Handful sultanas
- Handful mixed seeds
- Melt butter, sugar & golden syrup over a gentle heat
- Take off heat, add oats, sultanas & seeds, mix well
- Put in a greased/non-stick baking tray, cook for 15 mins at 170° fan oven or 180° normal oven until golden brown
- Cool in tin for about 15 mins & mark cutting lines
- Transfer to cooling rack then enjoy!
I use a quantity & a half for a baking tray which is 8″ x 13″ x 1″ deep but put in slightly less sugar and the same 4tbsp of golden syrup as too much makes it go too hard. Makes about 18 flapjack squares.