The Skills Share weekend went well; it would be good to have any photos or reports of what we did, for those who couldn’t or didn’t come to the sessions.
For me [Fran], the first dyeing session gave mixed results. The most successful were the bits of fabric squeezed into jam jars half full of dye.
Avril’s tie dyeing gave some good results.
I was too hasty and undid two of my tie dyes when they were still wet and ironed them dry. The dyed fabric lost some of its dye and ended up pale.
But the pieces of scrap cotton I had put either side of the wet dyed fabric to soak up the wetness acquired some lovely patterns.
Adrienne sent some photos of the bowls session. It looks like you can make a bowl quite quickly, judging by these.