This is all about the workshop on July 10th 2014, 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.
The cost is £5 per person. Claire charges £130 for a day’s workshop but the group kitty will subsidise the day.
What you need to bring
- hand or machine sewing kit [including sewing machine if you want]
- sharp pencil
- blue background fabric
- lightweight iron-on vilene the size of the item you wish to make.
- backing fabric and wadding 2″ bigger all round than the blue background fabric.
- strips of blue/green/turquoise fabrics, ribbon and sheers [strip size 1/4″ to 3″ wide, the length at least 6″] OR the wherewithal to cut same
- threads in blues/greens suitable for machine use.
- Metallic threads
- Bugle/rocale/seed beads, and maybe a beading needle
- Depending on the item made you might need bias binding
Claire says: I usually use a machine for the quilting but if some of the group prefer not to work by machine that works as well but will just take longer!