Although we are a smallish group, with a small space, we have started to put on regular exhibitions in the hall where we meet. These showcase our recent work, and raise money for a charity we care about. These events are well-attended, and great fun. We usually have a tombola with items we have made ourselves, a sale table, and cakes and teas. In 2015 we also exhibited in the church next door, where we displayed the 30+ quilts and blankets we had made for the Women’s Refuge. In the church we also had a tombola, raffled a quilt, and sold three quilts by means of sealed bids. The different features of the exhibition all earn money for our chosen charity.
- 2008 in aid of the village hall roof
- 2010 in aid of the British Heart Foundation
- 2012 raised £400 for Medecin sans Frontieres
- 2013 raised £611 for Stroud Women’s Refuge
- 2015 for Stroud Women’s Refuge and the Air Ambulance, and we also collected money for the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust